Agilus is currently seeking a Senior/IntermediateElectrical Engineer for our client in the power supplymarket located in the Markham, Ontario area. The successfulcandidate will lead a Power Supply development project from kickoff through tomanufacturing introduction and supervise the work of technologies and or designengineers working on the project.
• Leadother shared resources toward completion of PCB layout, mechanical design,testing and qualification
• Havedecision-making authority and autonomy to deliver on project goals asapplicable
• requiresapplication of in-depth knowledge of professional standards and precedents inpower supply design
• Ensuretechnical integrity of the design
• Interfacewith the customer to communicate technical information
• Ensurethat the design conforms to corporate engineering procedures
• Ensuredesign is documented to ISO9001 procedures
• Ensurethe design meets cost, performance and schedule requirements
• Performschematic entry, calculations, simulations, & bread-boarding in the designprocess
• Implementationof microcontroller firmware and hardware for power management/control functionsin Power Supplies.
• Designcircuits and perform tests and evaluations for design verification &integrity
• Mustkeep him/herself up to date with innovations with trends in Power Electronics.
• • ElectronicsEngineering Degree
o Engineer= PEO Licensed
o Designer= Degree OR Equivalent Work Experience
• Minimumof 7 years’ experience in analog/power supply design
• Experiencein switching power supplies AC/DC, DC/DC with various topologies (Full-Bridge,Half-Bridge, Forward, Boost, Flyback, Soft Switching, PFC, synchronousrectification, current sharing, etc.)
• Experienceand knowledge in resonant converter such as LLC, LCC converters.
• Experiencein magnetic design
• Experiencein Analog circuit design (Analog circuit with transistor Level, Op-Amp, D/A,A/D, interface with micro-controller, sensing techniques and calibration)
• Theoreticaland experience in Control theory Techniques
• Experiencein Schematic entry, simulation software (PSPICE, Mathcad or similar Software).
• ExperienceComplying international standards EMI/EMC, safety regulation and thermalmanagement
• Experiencein electronic packaging (high density SMT, PCB layout techniques, planartransformers, EMI, thermal)
• Experiencein product development process.
• Familiaritywith product qualification requirements
• Knowledgeof tooling requirement for high volume products (plastics/metal/PCB/productionTest)
• Experiencein high volume manufacturing requirements (e.g. DFx)
• Knowledgeof embedded design as it applies to power supply design shall be considered anasset
• Demonstratedcreative and innovative works is an asset.
• Thinking“out of the box”, innovative and creative approach
• 90%of time sedentary – working at desk and workbench
• 5%of time lifting, carrying equipment – maximum weight 25 pounds
• 5%of time working in confined spaces (racks/chambers)
• Medicalinsurance; dental insurance; vision insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
Ifyou are interested, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to CaillieKelman: [ Link Removed ]
Agiluswould like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Dueto the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly tothose candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodationsfor job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during thererecruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternativeformats available upon request
Weencourage you to visit [ Link Removed ] regularly as new and exciting employmentopportunities become available daily!