Wholesale Payments Customer Service, Implementation & Operations (WPCSIO) is part of the Digital & Platform Services organization in the Corporate & Investment Bank. WPCSIO supports Payments, Receivables, and Trade Finance Products and acts as the payment hub for JPMorgan Chase, across the firm's business lines. WPCSIO consists of 5,500 employees across 60 sites and supports 142k corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities domiciled in over 180 countries. On average, WPCSIO processes 30.1MM transactions daily across 122 currencies valued at $3.2T.
Wholesale Payments Operations and the Payments industry as a whole are undergoing significant amounts of change and disruption - industry, technology, and organizational. It is critical to develop and execute on a strategy that will enhance the organization's business and operational model and position it for continued success.
We are seeking a Lead for our Data Engineering team to join the overall Data leadership team across the WPCSIO organization. The role leads a team that provides data architecture leadership and strategy, and solutions data engineering use cases focused on data analytics, AI/ML models, and metrics dashboards across WPCSIO. This team is a service provider to the various WPCSIO teams and to be successful, the candidate need to closely collaborate with a number of Operations and Technology Leaders across their respective organizations.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for data, problem solving, and domain knowledge as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Lead all facets of the Data Engineering team, including resource management
* Work with Tech, Product and CIB data partners to research and implement data engineering use cases
* Understand the data landscape across WPCSIO and work to leverage all available data resources
* Evaluate the current data architecture and shape the future state data architecture and roadmap to serve on WPCSIO needs
* Leverage technical skills to source and prepare data from a variety of data sources including traditional databases, no-sql, Hadoop, and Cloud
* Works closely with data analytics staff within our team and partner teams to optimize solutions and develop / foster new ideas
* Technical Leadership experience including resource management
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization including senior executive level
* Data Architecture skills
* Traditional Database Skills (Oracle, SQL Server). Strong SQL overall
* Experience with Cassandra a plus
* Strong scripting skills overall
* Data Transformation skills
* Ability to profile, clean, and extract data from a variety of sources
* Experience with Hadoop, and Hadoop related tools
* Experience with at least one coding language (Java, Python, Scala etc)
* Exposure to data science, AI/ML and model development
* Complex problem-solving skills, with hands-on ability
* Advanced analytics and insights development experience - telling stories with data
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans