Senior Software Engineer
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Write scalable/high-performance code on both the frontend and backend, understanding complex technical areas along the way
- Build efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Create software features that are robust, reliable, and user friendly for both internal teams and our customer base
- Run the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own
- Be able to balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
And, we think you'd make a great Senior Software Engineer, if you have:
- 5+ years of production level engineering under your belt
- Experience developing and interfacing with REST APIs
- Experience building both web applications and mobile applications
- Familiarity with the Microsoft stack: TypeScript/C#, Azure, MSSQL, etc.
- Knowledge of the following frameworks: Angular and ASP.NET, Entity Framework (back end)
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Bonus Points: Experience in distributed systems, payments systems, logistics, warehousing, or the food (grocery, etc.) industry