Law Clerk, Canadian Immigration
On behalf of our client, Procom is currently seeking a Law Clerk, Canadian Immigration.
Law Clerk, Canadian Immigration Job Duties:
- Prepare petitions/applications for various immigration cases including:
- • Temporary work permits
- • Family-based petitions
- Applications for employment authorization, travel documents, applications to replace lost documentation, and applications for change and/or extension of status;
- Prepare responses to Immigration governing bodies, research law, procedure and keep track of immigration law updates;
- Maintain case management database, direct client contact-phone calls, emails, and postal correspondence; contact immigration bodies and foreign embassies, schedule visa appointment interviews, assist in client intake, prepare client mailings and submissions to various immigration offices
- Customer care: primary contact for clients, including:
- Contact client by phone or email for identification and other general information
- Arrange and schedule consult with lawyer (review calendar, send invitation with meeting details)
- Contact client to set up assessment call (for existing corporate clients)
- Prepare physical file with documents for attorney
- Receive case initiations from supervisor and open appropriate case type in INS Zoom
- Update team spreadsheets/charts for active files
- Request documentation from applicant and review documentation with supervisor
- Prepare case assessment with Supervisor.
- Communicate via email and phone with client HR and applicant as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other INS Zoom functions as assigned by Supervisor or management team.
- Print, upload and save questionnaires/supporting documents into DMS, INS Zoom, and/or physical file
- Draft/prepare billing requests for files and paid consultations
- Verify accuracy/sign off on billing request
- Request checks
- Submit receipts for disbursements (govt process fees, external vendors /payables, etc) to accounting
- Submit billing requests to accounting
- Track and update billing requests sent/invoices issued in spreadsheet
- Handle calls/communications with clients with no oversight;
- Print chart for weekly meetings
- Follow up with applicants for work permits/ addresses
- Pulling regular reports for your team as they are assigned by supervisor
Law Clerk, Canadian Immigration Mandatory Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Up-to-date knowledge of Canadian/US Immigration practices and procedures
- PC Law (an asset)
- Database management experience as asset
- College degree or Bachelor’s degree an asset
- Paralegal or Law Clerk diploma/Certification
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- 3+ years of experience in Canadian Immigration specifically in Permanent Residence Applications
- Knowledge of Canadian Corporate Immigration practices and procedures
- In-house training from a law firm or other legal establishment is required Applying knowledge strategically
- Viewed as a knowledge leader/expert
- Driving improvements
- Takes ownership for own work’s quality, compliance and technical accuracy.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in the allocated time and meet deadlines.
- Execute duties with significant attention to detail and maintain high quality standards.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Communicates regularly and professionally with internal colleagues and with clients via email and phone to obtain and provide information regarding client files and is able to adapt their communication to the specific need, interest and audience
- Primary point of contact for clients (internal and external HR) and complex/VIP files (internal and external Executives)
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Anticipates and prepares for responses or reactions of others with sensitivity and directness
Law Clerk, Canadian Immigration Assignment Length
Law Clerk, Canadian Immigration Start Date
April 28th, 2021
Law Clerk, Canadian Immigration Assignment Location