We are looking for an experienced and passionate Frontend Developer to join our team in Berlin. You will play a central role in crafting high quality and elegant code for our communities around the world. You will build the frontend systems that power our fast-growing business, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will contribute towards creating a more attractive, helpful, and fashionable community for everyone!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Plan web components together with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Implement reusable and solid responsive frontend components
- Identify and fix performance and maintenance problems
- Ongoing improvement of our frontend infrastructure
- Stay up to date with new frontend technologies and best-practices, and share them with the team
The qualities we are looking for:
- At least 3 years working experience as a full-time Frontend Developer
- Experience with mobile-first development and responsive layouts
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (we use Sass)
- Experience with VM libraries (we use Vue.js and Angular.js)
- Ability to write/architect reusable and maintainable code
- Working knowledge of what makes a good User Experience
- Good English language skills
Bonus points for knowing/using any of the following:
- Experience with CSS methodologies (we use BEM)
- Experience with component libraries/design systems
- Experience with build tools (we use webpack)
- Experience with typescript
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development budget for attending conferences and/or training workshops
- Flexible working hours
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc... (when the situation allows it again)
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city centre easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene (although we currently don’t use it!).
- 5 Personal Development days
- Chance to choose your on pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're looking forward to receiving your application including your motivation letter and your CV.
Data protection policy