If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Designs and implements roadmaps for cloud-based data infrastructures
· Monitor server performance and capacity loads; ensuring accessibility and availability
· Implement automation for cloud platforms; establish monitoring and alerting systems
· Design and maintain server, storage, network, and partner in security infrastructure
· Seeks solutions and helps provide the tools and infrastructure for a DevOps to the development team.
· Mentor other DevOps and Cloud Engineers
· Work with engineers to create and maintain documentation for infrastructure systems, policies and procedures
· Provide Amazon AWS solutions to current projects and initiatives
· Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong documentation/writing skills.
• At least 7 years as a Developer in a Full-stack capacity.
• At least 3 years’ experience with AWS Cloud Services
• Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI and CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, SQS, IAM and Route 53
• Experience with web application development in distributed and parallel systems, developing large scale and highly concurrent software systems, and security software development.
• Experience with Amazon Serverless Services (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, CloudFront, and Cloudwatch).
• Experience with at least two general purpose programming languages (Java, nodeJS, or Python, etc.)
• Front-End experience with React and/or Angular.
• 7+ of years of experience in performing duties utilizing skills listed above or a bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
• Chef Experience
• VMWare vSphere and vRealize Automation Experience
• Working Conditions