Asymmetrik's team in Northern Virginia is growing! If you're a Senior Software Engineer looking to advance your career to the next level, this might be the job for you. This position will work on a client site in the Reston/Dulles area, and help expand Asymmetrik's mission support to IC customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain production-level enterprise applications deployed to cloud infrastructure
- Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team
- Design and implement functionality that spans from storage to middleware to browser
- Create interactive Web-based user interface components and data visualizations
- Work closely with customers and teammates to rapidly build, test, and deploy new capabilities
TASKS YOU MIGHT WORK ON:
- Add new functionality to our Angular.io, Node.js, and MongoDB web application that allows users to analyze large data sets using text search, faceted filters, and geospatial and temporal visualizations
- Extend our Apache NiFi data processing pipeline, Elasticsearch data storage layer, and Spark analytics framework
- Develop our data management platform built on Scala and Akka
- Help monitor and maintain our infrastructure deployed to Amazon Web Services using Kibana and Elastic stack
WHY WE SHOULD TALK:
- You love technology (e.g., Angular.io, Node.js, Elastic Stack, AWS, MongoDB, Apache NiFi, Ansible, Scala, Akka, Spring.io, and more)
- You have a technical degree and at least 14 years of solid experience in development, and like trying new things.
- You want to work in a lively yet laid-back environment full of people who love learning
- You want to build stuff people actually use
- Because tabs > spaces. Because spaces > tabs. ugh, nevermind… O_o
- You have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Do you love to code? Doesn’t matter if it’s the front-end, back-end, storage, analytics. You love it all? You’re in the right place. So do we!