Classification: Corporate Finance Consultant
Compensation: $50.00 to $80.00 hourly
Our Financial Services client in Toronto is seeking a Investment Accounting Consultant for a 3-4 month project.
A client is a dynamic consulting firm that helps institutional investment managers transform their businesses by leveraging expertise in investment accounting, investment operations, cash management and technology.
The Investment Accounting Consultant is experienced Investment Accounting and Operations. They will assist our client to review, reconcile and improve their investment accounting and operations, and cash management.
They will review detailed cash reconciliation and treasury operations to ensure accuracy. Brings experience with reconciliations and controls, general ledger analysis and reconciliation, month-end close procedures, proving out and preparing financial statements. Broad knowledge of securities, derivatives and alternative products is essential with a focus on structured products.
• As a consultant, analyze client effectiveness in, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
• Perform reconciliation of systems. Identify and thoroughly investigate reporting discrepancies and determine the appropriate course of action
• Perform reconciliations of cash and positions on managed accounts and liaise client, custodians, and other external service providers in resolving discrepancies
• As a consultant review client capabilities in producing error-free accounting reports
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical support and advice to client accounting staff
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Proven experience as a director, financial controller, or accounting manager
• Hands-on experience with investment accounting and detailed verification of investment transactions and cash
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• Relevant professional accounting designation preferred
If you have the skills and experience, please apply today.
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.