Who We Want
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you Will Do:
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your software engineering talent in an exciting domain that is changing the future of surgery? To join a company ranked #8 on Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For?
Do you want to work with “amazingly talented high achievers” who are “willing to go above and beyond with a smile on their face” to make the products that “change patients’ lives”? To build a rewarding career with an innovative company? Check out our culture and team here: https://bit.ly/2MsHWN0
As a Senior Software Engineer at Stryker, you will design and implement complex concepts and draft design documentation for robotic-assisted surgery products. You will work closely with peers and subject matter experts to develop market leading software that meets customer and system requirements. You will follow the defined design practices including Agile methodology and use sound software engineering principles to ensure that the application software products are safe, robust and user friendly.
What You Need
- College graduate with a degree focused on (or equivalent in) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in professional software development. Combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Proficient in C++ coding language
- Demonstrated knowledge in computer science fundamentals such as data structure design, architecture design, and algorithms
- Demonstrated understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Knowledge of 3D graphics and geometry
- Experience in using software developments tools, such as version control, IDEs, compilers, interpreters, debuggers, continuous integration, etc.
- Knowledge of Qt is a plus
- Experience in image processing and algorithms development is a plus
- Experience in biomedical applications is a plus