Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. By providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people understand and improve their health.
For us, empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we work to promote work-life balance and ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join our growing Partner Squad based in San Francisco. You will work closely with the product management and business development teams to extend the Oura user experience into partner solutions in new and exciting ways. You will support external partner engagement, onboarding, and actively enable partner solutions to thrive. You will represent software engineering in partner meetings and help scope the technical solutions as appropriate. You will work with our commercial and research partners to build out integrations based on the Oura API and will build new tooling and pipelines to support data sharing efforts between Oura and its growing partner ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is equally comfortable brainstorming with cross-functional stakeholders as they are defining a technical strategy, and working hands-on with partners to bring that solution to life.
- Represent Software Engineering in partnership and business development meetings with commercial and research partners.
- Guide technical decisions, propose integration solutions, and help scope engineering effort
- Ensure best practices when it comes to security, data privacy, and compliance
- Educate partners on best practices for our external API and other developer tools
- Contribute to development of Oura’s external API
- Guide and drive solutions for sharing data between Oura and its partners
- Coordinate with internal teams and stakeholders in the US and Europe
We would love to have you on our team if you:
- Have 5+ years of broad full-stack software development experience, bonus if you have also experience working with hardware products
- Have architected, built and deployed scalable, performant web services in production on AWS or similar, and can apply architectural patterns and best practices
- Have a strong understanding of API development best practices
- Feel comfortable working with massive datasets and building pipelines to ingest and process this data efficiently
- Have experience working with external partners to define and implement technical solutions
- Are able to communicate clearly to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Display a pragmatic entrepreneurial attitude and delivery-focused mindset: you can handle tradeoffs between short-term goals and long-term tech debt
- Want to work with a diverse and talented group of team members residing throughout the globe
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.