As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be working with a dynamic, international tech team based in Berlin that has been operational for the last 2 years. Your mission is to design and develop a micro-service architecture that integrates at its core the best engineering practises and the latest generation of machine translation research.
- Gather, understand, and prioritize requirements, research potential solutions, rapidly build prototypes, and distill and communicate what was learned, expected risks, necessary resources, and potential security concerns.
- Provide high-level technical design, strategy roadmap development, and technical architecture related to our existing and new services and related infrastructure used by our front-end engineers.
- Assure that our architectures are consistent with industry best practices including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility.
- Communicate strategies and processes around our services to cross-functional groups.
- Hack or learn whatever you want during bi-weekly learning afternoon.
- Helping us to select the best talent to join us in our Product Team (code reviews and participation in interviews).
- Onboard new colleagues.
- You are an experienced software engineer with 5+ years of experience.
- You have experience defining and modelling a consumable API.
- You work autonomously, are energized by missions and goals more than a specific list of tasks.
- Experienced in designing, analyzing, optimising code, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
A fast-growing startup which is financially secured by EU research grants and well-known investors and already serves more than 3,000 business clients.
The opportunity to contribute to cutting edge developments in the field of machine learning.
Regular feedback and check-ins on your well-being.
Flexible work environment.
A modern office in the heart of Berlin with lots of bars and restaurants closeby.
Outstanding team atmosphere through regular team events, hackathons, and lunches.Development opportunities through conferences and own learning time slots.
Subsidized gym membership (Urban Sports Club), free breakfast, coffee, drinks, fruits and dinner (after 8 pm).
We give you one additional day of vacation, both 24.12 and 31.12. are half day off