To shape the future of food experiences
Jumbo Tech Campus: where it all happens
As an IT professional, you want to work on innovations that matter. You want to have the freedom to discover new things and push boundaries as part of a top-flight team. At our Jumbo Tech Campus, you can. Our mission is to design the future of online food retail and we are making great advances in achieving that goal.
Last year Jumbo's e-commerce turnover doubled. And our omnichannel focus has enabled customers to do their shopping both in shops as well as online. In our multidisciplinary, international and agile environment you will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery. So you will be working today on a new food experience that our customers will be able to use tomorrow!
There is no "I" @ Jumbo
Whether it is creating a service that will serve our mobile app, the website or other backend systems, you will be working on the systems that make up the future of Jumbo Tech. You will be working with technology that is new to our ecosystem, which will enable us to develop new features for our customers much faster.
Jumbo is building a Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). One of the teams in the CCoE is the Enablement Team. This team is facilitating the Jumbo DevOps teams in adapting DevOps principles and cloud maturity. This is done by building abstractions on top of our Cloud platforms. And by coaching teams in taking technical ownership over infrastructure, cloud tenants, security and DevOps tooling according to Jumbo standards. Some
We are looking for a Azure Cloud Engineer that will focus on building the cloud platform and enabling DevOps teams in using it. A broad set of disciplines is required to build and maintain this platform, including monitoring & logging, security, cloud, infrastructure and CI/CD.
Your tasks include:
- Building and operating a foundation in Azure that enables developers to take full ownership of their application;
- Onboarding teams onto the Azure platform to make sure they get the most value out of the cloud;
- Identifying bottlenecks and challenges for the teams and providing tools around monitoring, logging, security and CI/CD which help the teams to focus on their core tasks;
- Helping teams and the organization to cope with constrained autonomy;
- Facilitating teams in moving towards cloud native architectures;
- Promoting the cloud native culture and mindset across the organization;
- Having lots of laughs with your colleagues, because you have a great sense of humor.
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. To shape the future of online food retail, we challenge you every day to evaluate, adapt and overcome the challenges that we face in our highly demanding environment. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and you love sharing it with your colleagues. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all of the following boxes:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in building and operating an application or platform in Azure;
- Experience in programming and/or scripting languages such as Python, NodeJS, Powershell or Bash;
- A strong focus on security by design;
- Experience in tooling around CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Monitoring, and Logging;
- Experience in containerization, preferably with Kubernetes.
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. You’ll get plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Luckily, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest IT-talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with. Of course, you’ll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more importantly, did you know that we are located near the Brainport Eindhoven high-tech site? That we value your code more than your dresscode? And that our Jumbo Foodmarket is right next door?!
Take action and apply for the Cloud Azure Engineer position before July 10th. After you have submitted your application, you can expect a reaction from us within a week after the deadline.
We at Jumbo like transparency, therefore this request: we appreciate it if companies don’t offer their services unsolicited.
Deze vacature is gepubliceerd op www.jumbowerkt.nl en LinkedIn.com