What you will doAs DevOps Architect, you will develop and operate cloud services in the area of supply chain management. Together with your platform team, you will be responsible for the smooth and secure operation of the applications as well as the monitoring of the landscape. The goal is to provide a highly available, scalable platform that is easy to use for the development teams and has a high degree of automation for our customers.
Our focus is on a modern, cloud-native technology stack based on Kubernetes (OpenShift), GitLab, Prometheus, Grafana, Loki and much more.
You will also act as a Tech Lead and use your experience to...
- ...further develop the platform architecture and endpoint configuration for our team.
- ...Identify and resolve issues through monitoring and root-cause analysis to ensure high availability.
- ...define and establish strategies for backup and disaster recovery.
- ...design, develop and implement our CI/CD environment and processes.
- ...proactively drive process improvements for the viable use of agile and DevOps principles.
- ...Drive technical expertise within the team and professional development of staff.
- ...ensure effective collaboration with our parent company's development and operations teams.
- ...ensure agile team collaboration and on-call organization.
You may also be responsible for business management tasks such as cost planning and management for platform and endpoints if interested. In addition, depending on your aptitude and desire, you can also gradually take on personnel responsibility.
- Successfully completed studies with a focus on computer science or comparable education/professional experience.
- Deep knowledge of running microservices-based cloud services with Kubernetes on public clouds
- Several years of practical experience with CI/CD pipelines, logging and monitoring with Prometheus/Grafana
- Very good programming skills in common tools/languages such as Ansible, Terraform, and Python
- Very good analytical understanding, structured and solution-oriented approach, as well as self-motivation, team spirit and flexibility
- The ability to lead and develop a team with an agile mindset, both directly and indirectly, especially through your own example
- Constructive and pragmatic collaboration with other key roles in the team
- Very good written and oral communication in English. Knowledge of German is desirable.
What we offer
- Modern test-driven software development with predominantly cloud-native technologies
- Familiar working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and open communication
- Attractive performance-based remuneration and various salary components
- (e.g. subsidy for KiTa fees, fitness, travel costs/public transport, etc.)
- Company pension plan, accident insurance
- Professional and personal development
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of mobile work
- 30 days vacation
- Coffee, non-alcoholic beverages and fruit flat rate
- Joint team events
- Modern, ergonomically designed office close to the city center (good public transport connections)
Who we areNewtron is a company that has been successfully providing digital services for our customers' trade processes for 20 years. More than 1,000 purchasing companies and 100,000 suppliers worldwide trust our flexible solutions in the area of electronic procurement. Our teams ensure a dynamic atmosphere with curiosity, creative freedom and self-responsibility. In doing so, we rely on agile values, knowledge exchange and further training.