CVS Health is looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world. If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you.
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to the delivery of software projects through their technical efforts effectively with cross functional and cross organization teams.
• 8+ years of overall IT experience
• 6+ years of experience in Android /mobile development
• Contribute to the implementation of product features and key technology choices
• Should able to write efficient, well-documented code with Java/Kotlin in Android using Android Studio.
• Knowledge of Android networking and REST/JSON/XML Web Services and integration with 3rd party libraries and APIs.
• Ability to act as a technology leader, facilitating technical discussion and decision making
• Demonstrate proficient engineering fundamentals
• Strong Understanding of core libraries, application framework, and Android architecture.
• Experience with concurrency including Thread, Handler, Rxjava, Coroutines and scheduling techniques.
• Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence the android application development.
• Strong knowledge of: activities, fragments, collections, multithreading, networking, profiling, performance tuning, and offline storage.
• Must have experience developing for multiple device sizes such as mobile phone as well as tablets, also including portrait & landscape.
• Experience building multi-threaded applications on Android platform
• Experience and understanding of the entire Mobile SDLC using Android SDK.
• Experience with Agile/ SAFe Software Development Principles
• Ability to collaborate effectively with different teams
• Real-world experience with inclusive design and/or accessible development
• Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form.
• Good Knowledge of CI/CD, build automation tools like Jenkins
• Strong desire to build in test from the start with TDD development experience
• Experience in large Retail, Pharmacy, a plus
• Experience in Retail Pharmacy – Modernization with decommissioning legacy systems.
• Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving and instinctual and curiosity
• Experience with accessibility development
• Experience in leading Mobile app teams
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field with or equivalent experience preferred.