What is Wisely? Wisely collects moments that matter and enables restaurant operators and marketers to connect with their guests in a way that makes them truly feel valued. Our waitlist, reservations, table management, marketing automation and sentiment tools harness data to foster more meaningful human connections in the hospitality industry. We’re carving out our place in a new tech sector ... Authentic Intelligence.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Wisely, you are responsible for architecting and developing critical systems and features. You’re comfortable with front-end or back-end and working solo or collaboratively to accomplish your project. You are comfortable with self-direction and are able to take a large project from spec to ship. You are opinionated about how things should be built and will be a key member of a growing Product and Engineering team.
What you’ll do:
- Spec, design, and build features & products from the ground up
- Collaborate with the engineering team to solve architectural and coding problems that directly impact our scalability
- Push the tech stack and technical culture to new heights by sharing ideas, and leading by example
- Incorporate user feedback and field test your products to grow and improve product
- Speak directly with clients, sales, and designers, to better understand needs, priorities, and implementation of your products
- Explore unique applications of data science and machine learning and their impact on the hospitality world
- Learn about the diverse and complex restaurant industry from an insider's perspective
- Eat the best food at the best restaurants with the best people.
Who you are:
- Proven software engineer working on systems at scale
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with small teams, or ready to transition to a smaller, faster-moving company
- Lover of food and restaurants
- Frameworks: Vue, Node
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Helm
Who are we?
Our Founders and Team cut their teeth at tech brands and restaurant companies alike. Together, we have lived lifetimes in restaurants. We're a team of future startup founders and execs hellbent on leaving the world, and especially restaurants, better than we found it.
What’s it like to work with us?
We believe in thriving, not just surviving, throughout each work day. We laugh, we have fun and we know when it’s time to buckle-down and get sh*t done. We possess an unquenchable curiosity. We think critically and courageously. We know there is no substitution for hard work. We are humble. We earn trust. Our true north star is to serve our clients as they serve their guests. If that hits to the core of who you are, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Influence strategic direction and make process, organization, and technology decisions
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
More About Wisely
Everything we do revolves around the belief that personal interactions make people feel valued. Our products bridge the gap between customer data and customer experience.
1. Begin and End with our Clients in Mind
We do the work required to deeply understand our customers. We invent solutions that exceed expectations. We serve them like they serve their guests.
2. Think Critically and Courageously
We understand all sides of an issue. We parse complexity to find the details that matter. We propose specific solutions to spur conversation and thought. We run toward fear.
3. Plan Clearly
We don't settle for plans that can work, instead, we build plans that can't fail. Our plans go well beyond the target. We are clear about accountability and responsibility.
We are direct, honest, clear, and empathetic with our communication. We listen to and seek to understand differing views. The sender isn't done until the receiver receives it.
5. Get it Done
We just find a-way. We know there is no substitute for hard work. We evaluate ourselves and others by actions.
6. Own the Outcome
We always do the very best that we're able. We create the environment needed to succeed.
7. Evolve and Improve
We acknowledge and change assumptions that no longer serve us. We raise the bar with each cycle through a process, with each promotion, and with each hire. We sift for gold in every feedback opportunity.
8. Earn Trust
Our clients and teams count on us when it matters the most, and we keep our word. We act in the interest of the greater good.
9. Approach Every Day Positive and Confident
We know we're on this planet for a short time. We do the work required to approach every day positively and secure in ourselves. We laugh and have fun.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.