At Saloodo! we are looking for a Backend Lead Engineer (m/f/d) to join our engineering team and help us build the future of digital logistics. Transportation is all about efficiency, speed, and commitment – a perfect world to disrupt with data and technology-driven business models. Jump on board and let’s form the future world of logistics together!
What you'll do:
- Lead and develop an international team of 10+ Software Engineers that have a passion for scale and performance.
- Define the strategic plan with your team to design, build, and improve our core engine and platform.
- Lead architectural decisions to continuously improve our technologies and standards and boost platform performance
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, QA, and other development teams to define technical solutions and deliver on our release objectives.
- Participate in the day to day scope of the team: Design, develop, review, deploy and maintain scalable and reliable solutions for our platform engines
- Drive platform reliability by monitoring tests and reviewing code to ensure that architectural guidelines, principles and best practices are followed
- Participate in the team spirit, be a role model for your team, coach and develop your team members
- Actively promote and share knowledge about principles and best practices
- At least 3 years experience leading a team of software engineers
- You are a fast learner, with a degree in software engineering or related fields.
- You can hands-on program object-oriented fluently; knowledge about domain-driven design is a plus.
- You have deep knowledge of PHP plus some experience with another backend language, e.g. NodeJS, Java, Go, or Python, and good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- You love design patterns and clean code
- You understand architecture principles
- You have experience in building large-scale software solutions, with an eye on performance and security.
- You have experience designing technical solutions alongside Product teams
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills
- You have excellent spoken and written command of English
- We are building great web service for real business across the globe, it’s not “another app”, but the most international road freight platform in the world, serving 50 countries across 4 continents and growing
- We prefer modern tech stacks and a data-driven approach.
- We'll welcome you to a great atmosphere in our office in Cologne Deutz again soon. But of course, we are currently working completely remotely and will also offer the possibility of a flexible work location in the future.
- You'll find a diversified and inclusive work environment with an international team made up of 17 nationalities in 4 locations
- As part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group, we are driving digitalization from within the largest logistics company in the world: Every day, our employees bring the world together, united by one common purpose: “Connecting people, improving lives.”
- We have all the perks of a start-up with no investment uncertainty thanks to being backed by the Deutsch Post DHL Group.
- You’ll have plenty of chances for professional growth with us: We offer strong career support for talent development in an international environment
We are happy to have you join us in our office in Cologne (-Deutz) or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will ensure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in-person) to be able to become part of the team from day one.
For candidates who want to relocate to Cologne: Due to COVID-19 health & safety protocol, our offices are temporarily closed. We are happy for you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept Visa applications again, we will support you with the relocation process to Cologne including VISA applications, travel, and temporary accommodation.