Join us as a Scala Software Engineer (m/f/d) in our pooling domain on a shared journey that matters!
Behind the scenes of our well-known vehicles, MOIA GmbH develops the technical products underlying MOIA. Our team of more than 200 employees develops an on-demand ridesharing service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
The enthusiasm we have is obvious. We love our cities, we love living in them and we love staying in motion with it. Simultaneously, we aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
About your team
The pooling systems your team is building are an essential part of MOIA's business model. The components that we maintain help us to find the best vehicles and stops for a customer to get most efficiently from A to B while still ensuring a high vehicle utilisation to reduce congestion in the cities.
What you will do
- You will build distributed systems that are deciding which vehicles and stops are eligible for a trip request taking into consideration real-time fleet state, vehicle capacity and other constraints
- You are responsible for synchronising the state with our vehicles reliably over a mobile network. Apart from that, you will ensure that the delivered software meets the highest engineering quality in terms of testability, performance and technical architecture suitable for real-time use
- You will be part of a cross-functional team comprising software engineers, data engineers, mobile developers, AWS experts, and product owners.
What will help you to fulfill your role
- Have deep experience in developing high-scale distributed systems with Scala
- Hands-on experience with Zio or Akka, ideally both
- Gained experience or have interest in Kubernetes as well as AWS Lambda and AWS managed services
- Are keen to receive and give feedback in pairing and code review sessions
- Live and breathe DevOps and believe in automated testing, infrastructure as code, continuous deployment, monitoring, and open communication
- Describe solving challenges in distributed systems as your personal passion
- Communicate fluently in English.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role yet. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Be who you are!
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. We are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.