Job Title: Software Engineer (R&D)
Summary: Challenging and rewarding software development role to support cutting edge research at Genetesis. This is a cross functional role by nature, where you will be required to operate between multiple engineering disciplines and adapt your/their set of expertise into engineering studies, reports, and recommendations. Furthermore, this role will necessitate the translation of research ideas into code for production use. Will provide technical support to one or more projects relating to Genetesis devices at an innovative, young, and growing company. Will work in a passionate, fast paced, and rewarding company with expectations to deliver quality work in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop data pipeline code from proof of concept through production and triage and resolve data pipeline bugs
- Continually learning by reading the latest research papers to develop novel solutions to technical problems
- Parse, filter, process, and organize large sets of clinical data in various formats (csv, json, binary files, etc.)
- Communicate verbally and in writing progress and technical decisions to stakeholders
- Mainly contributing to the further development/understanding of the CardioFlux Magnetocardiograph by writing and performing engineering studies and data analysis
- Responsible for the translation of results from engineering studies/reports into technical requirements, proof of concepts, or production (equivalent) code
- Designing and fleshing out technical specifications for studies you are responsible for, based off internal stakeholder needs
- Writing clean, understandable and efficient code following company coding standards. Keeping your peer’s accountable via code reviews.
- Use your technical expertise and knowledge of software development to drive or generate technical deliverables, engineering documentation, product requirements and test method development
- Generate supporting documentation, reports, and implement testing during projects to support internal and external regulatory and quality demands
- Work cross functionally with regulatory, quality, engineering, and clinical/product personnel to achieve company goals and initiatives, as needed
- Work adaptively in a fast-paced small team environment with aggressive deadlines
- Travel to offsite locations as required for prototyping, site deployments, and technical support
Experience and Skills:
- 2-5 years professional experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field
- Fluent understanding of scripting programming languages: Python 3, Matlab, R, etc.
- Fluent understanding of data analysis packages: Numpy, Pandas, etc. (or Matlab equivalents)
- Fluent understanding of visualization packages: Matplotlib, seaborn, Matlab, etc.
- Proficient understanding of database technologies: SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of data warehouses/data lakes and use cases
- Basic knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks, ipynb
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of operating systems: Linux/UNIX, Windows
- Basic knowledge of statistical, mathematical, and analytical methods
- Knowledge and familiarity of design and development processes for software engineering.
- Strong organization, time management, communication, and strategic thinking skill