Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who We Want:
Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
Strategic thinkers: People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
Analytical problem solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
What You Will Do:
- Member of Research & Development engineering team, this position provides leadership in wireless technology development, new product development, and sustaining activities.
- Integrate wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and 4G/5G.
- Analyze marketing specifications, use cases, business process and conduct feasibility studies to develop detailed requirements.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems, demonstrates knowledge of current technology and recent advancements, and contributes to the product design, or iteration, from planning and concept phase through verification/qualification and release.
- Translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware plans, requirements, designs and specifications, and verification plans and protocols.
- Write test plans and protocols, execute wireless test plans, and write detailed test report for certification and notified body
- Wi-Fi/BT and cellular integration, design or EMC, work with electrical, software, and mechanical engineer teams in product development
- Perform RF physical layer, radiated emission, and OTA measurement for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and LTE radios with RF instruments and systems. Work with RF and EMC team members as well as 3rd party test lab on wireless certifications.
- Assist with the resolution of regulatory questions and issues concerning wireless implementations in Stryker devices.
- Develops system-level strategies for the design, development, testing, troubleshooting and refinement of components and sub-systems.
- Supports all phases of product development/sustaining lifecycle.
- Recommends design modifications as indicated by analysis, test, and usage, while reporting progress and evaluating results.
- Determines and develops solutions to solve moderately complex engineering problems and works with technical leadership to decide on an agreed-upon solution.
- Provides technical leadership for projects of smaller scope and/or some aspects of larger projects
- Conduct root cause analysis and risk analysis, developing and implementing corrective actions based on feedback from technical leadership.
- Works with cross-functional teams to reach consensus on system-level trade-offs to solve issues.
- Complete and maintain all required quality system training and comply with all quality system procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in RF electrical design or RF system engineering
- Experience in delivering cellular products from concept development to carrier certifications
- Experience developing products in a regulated industry
- Skilled in using performing RF test and measurement using RF instruments including VNA, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, communication testers, etc.
- Experience in EMI and RFI troubleshooting and delivering solutions to meet radio performance and regulatory requirements; experience in measuring spurious emissions using EMC chamber
- Experience in supporting wireless certification, including mobile operators and regulatory
- In-depth understanding of RF propagation and EM theory
- Experienced in impedance matching, noise analysis, as well as transmitter and receiver characterization
- Knowledge of IoT software platforms, mesh networking, sensor technologies, networking (e.g. TCP/UDP/IP), data transport protocols (e.g. gRPC, HTTPS, REST, DDS)
- Knowledge of product life cycle management tools
- Knowledge of signal processing, algorithm development, and RF simulation
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical embedded system design, including packaging for portability and ruggedness
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in antenna and EM simulation
- Knowledge of the IEC 60601-x standards
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/