Based in Philadelphia, Pinnacle 21 is a leader in clinical trial data software and services. Our vision is a clean data pipeline that ends in a successful regulatory submission. We're an established startup that builds software to streamline the drug approval process, bringing life-saving medicines to patients faster. Pinnacle 21 is a certified Great Place to Work, and we're looking for motivated talent. Come help us revolutionize clinical trials and streamline the drug approval process.
Work that matters ?When good drugs get delayed to the market, it’s not just money that’s wasted. Every day we save gives that many more patients longer, healthier lives.
Work autonomously ?Enjoy the freedom to develop your talents without being micromanaged. We’ll support you as you add to your skillset and grow to own multiple projects
Global footprint ?We serve a diverse community of users from around the world. Our software is the industry standard for preparing clinical trial data for regulatory submission.
What you’ll be doing
As we continue to fill the gaps between engineering and operations, our DevOps Engineers are positioned to work across a wide range of responsibilities spanning infrastructure automation, building deployment pipelines, API development, log analysis, and more. That being the case, we are open to either an experienced linux admin or a more scripting-centric skillset (or a combination of both!) to help lighten the increasing amount of work that comes from being a fast growing software company!
- Develop Chef recipes for managing AWS infrastructure
- Writing Terraform code to build, deploy and manage AWS infrastructure
- Building backend API endpoints for internal applications deployed on AWS lambda
- Planning, building and deploying server monitoring, alarming and dashboards in InfluxDB/Grafana
- Address, investigate and remediate production issues as needed (e.g. when alarms fire)
- Log file analysis, troubleshooting and remediation
- Assisting with database and server migrations
- Assisting Engineering by managing development infrastructure, keeping testing environments up and running smoothly
- Managing and optimizing CI/CD build pipelines
What we’re looking for
- Experienced and comfortable working in a remote position
- Excellent written communication skills
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Ability to work as a part of a small team
- Able to work autonomously and learn new technologies
- Good judgement and a keen sense of responsibility. Ability to resolve technical ops problems as they arise
…with some combination of
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban, etc
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and Linux Systems Fundamentals.
- Knowledge of HTTP stacks (Apache/nginx/HAproxy, FastCGI, Java web applications)
- Experience with DevOps automation tools (Chef strongly preferred, but experience with Ansible/Puppet would translate)
- Experience with Hashicorp Terraform, a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS) a plus (EC2, S3, VPC, ALB, etc)
- Prior experience working with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tooling (CircleCI specifically is a plus, but any CI/CD experience will translate)
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL/DynamoDB), a plus
- Knowledge of AWS Serverless applications (AWS Lambda), a plus
- Prior experience with Grafana / InfluxDB, a plus
A bit? about us
As clinical trial data are collected and prepared for submission to a health authority, our platform ensures they comply with data standards and are ready for regulatory review. It's used by the FDA, Japan’s PMDA, and global biopharmaceutical sponsors and clinical research organizations to validate clinical trial data. We empower the life sciences industry to ensure clinical data quality or “fitness,” enabling fast and smooth marketing approvals. In fact, it's our platform that drives the FDA’s 21st Century Review Initiative.