About the Position
As a Product Owner with Curate, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the feature development of our product and the efficient execution of Curate’s software development lifecycle. You will track and prioritize tasks, create timelines and roadmaps, and provide other cross-functional project management support to improve the many facets of Curate.
About the Team
Curate helps businesses efficiently monitor risk and find opportunities through municipal data - at scale. We scan thousands of local government websites looking for meeting minutes and agendas where decisions are made that impact our business customers. Based in Madison, WI the 25 member Curate team works collaboratively to ensure we’re always improving the product for our customers.
The Engineering Team is a close-knit group of generalists that work together to build the best local government tracking service available on the market. Everyone brings a different skillset and level of expertise to their specific work.
The team is counting on you to have experience working with many different teams within a business to deliver high-value products, but with a specific focus on working closely with the engineering team. Things like agile, roadmapping, prioritizing bugs, and really digging into feature requests to make sure we solve the right problems are second nature to you. You thrive in an environment where many competing directions all seem reasonable, but only one can be chosen and it doesn’t scare you to be a part of the team that makes the choice.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Ensure customer requests and issues related to the product are addressed, prioritized, and followed up on working closely with customer success and the management team.
- Coordinate development team tasks related to addressing fixes & updates, and manage feedback, prioritization, and quality assurance for product improvements and bug fixes.
- Work closely with the development team to organize and create issue tickets that provide the details necessary to complete the tasks.
- Provide feedback on internal software updates as needed, and work collaboratively with Curate team members to continuously improve internal systems.
- Gather/compile topics of discussion and facilitate cross-functional product meetings for near-term and long-term product features and improvements.
- Manage communication about product releases and feature updates to the proper stakeholders.
What Sets You Apart:
- You have at least 1 year of experience working in a similar product owner or business analyst role specifically working with an engineering delivery team
- You have superior attention to detail and can pick up on what someone is really asking when they talk about a feature or bug
- You can juggle many tasks and thrive at being able to not let important things fall through the cracks
- You have experience working with engineers and stakeholders to write descriptive user stories
- You have worked with project management tools for software development such as Jira
- With minimal direction, you can work to solve underlying problems in process and provide suggestions of alternative solutions
Considering US locations only for this position and time zone requirements may apply in order to address team and business needs.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ? Find the Truth ? Drive Alignment ? Level Up ? Own the Job ? Bias for Action ? Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.