Job Title: Software Engineer IV
Job Location: Robins Air Force Base, Warner Robins GA 31098
Security Clearance: Must be Clearable for a DoD clearance or have a Secret clearance
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Software Engineer IV with an active Secret Clearance to work on our project at Robins Air Force Base, GA. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment. Must hold and maintain a valid Secret Security Clearance.
He/she will be involved with software design, modification, write and implement software programming applications. Support and install software applications and operating systems in support of the Operational Flight Program (OFP), Test Program Set (TPS), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Mission Support (MS) business lines within the Software Maintenance Group. The selected candidate will devise and/or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, debug, participate with testing process such as test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Designs plans and coordinates work teams and provides technical support to project team members. Directs software engineering function in developing, releasing and maintaining software applications/operating systems according to the project needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or
Software Engineering from an ABET accredited school minimum 2.9 GPA or equivalent
experience computer science or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years’ experience with at least one of the following: Electronic Warfare, Radar, Sensors
and Fusion, Communications, Navigation, Identification, Tactical Data Links and Networks,
Information Assurance, Avionics OFPs, Support Equipment, Simulations, or Systems
• 6-8+ year’s experience with application development in support software and hardware
• Experienced with .Net, Java, Oracle preferred.
• Background in object oriented programming C/C++ preferred.
• Experience using an IDE (Visual Studio, C++ Builder, Eclipse).
• Poses and applies expert knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of software
development to the completion of assignments.
• Ability to work on overall design and development of software products as well as software
• Experience with supporting software testing and debugging.
• Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple
competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
• Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
• Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated
ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
• Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
• Interest in new technologies and the ability to adopt to those new technologies.
• High level of drive and ability to learn.
• Ability to lead a team and carry development workload.
• ***Candidate MUST be Clearable or have an active Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
• Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent.
• 5+ Years’ experience working on DoD programs is highly desired.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Directs software engineering function in developing, releasing and maintaining software
applications/operating systems according to project needs.
• Design, modify, develop, implement and test software applications.
• Work with team members to support project software development.
• Support the design of software test criteria and verify functionality and performance.
• Supports and/or installs software applications and operating systems.
• Perform testing process through a variety of line replaceable units (LRUs) and shop
replaceable units (SRUs) applicable to avionics equipment.
• Provide engineering support to shop personnel engaged in test, troubleshooting, repair and
modification of LRUs or SRUs tested on automatic test equipment (ATE), engineering
assistance in evaluation/correction of software applicable to ATE.
• Conduct test review and analysis, test witnessing and verification software.
• Work with preplanning and organizational process teams, as required for the acquisition of
new/replacement automatic test systems (ATS).
• Provide web service development, web application development and the development of
software used in Operational Flight Programs (OFPs) for a variety of weapon systems
including but not limited to Joint STARS, F-15, C-5, SOF systems and EW systems.
• Software design/coding tasks will include a broad range of design, development, testing,
upgrading, documentation and maintenance tasks for software in support of weapon
• Reviews and analyzes specifications related to software development.
• Design documentation development.
• Maintains job knowledge by studying state–of-the-art development tools, programming
techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading
professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional