THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE OR BASED IN OUR ANN ARBOR, MI OFFICE
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Sr. Security Architect
What will I be doing?
The Security Architect, reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, will drive the adoption and integration of security into the various platforms at ProQuest.
In this position, you will also…
• Define, document and promote security best practices, baselines measures, and mechanisms.
• Develop threat models and associated security architectures/requirements, and design appropriate mitigations to push security by design.
• Proactively recommend new security technologies and capabilities based on the ever-evolving threat landscape and attack vectors to protect cloud services, classic data center environments, networks and applications.
• Act as an expert resource in security to other teams and partners throughout the Agile cycle.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You enjoy working in Cloud security and have a strong understanding of the principles!
2. You want to be part of building the program to help drive the security for our Agile environment!
3. You want to work in a purpose driven organization!
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You don’t want to work with different technologies.
2. You do your best work as a solo artist; the rest of the group just slows you down.
3. You don’t like change or the variety of something new every day.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, plus minimum 8 years’ Architecture or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in securing cloud infrastructure.
• Excellent Analytical skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Mastery of Information Security Architecture principles.
• Ability to influence and lead with and without direct authority.
• Strong track record of building robust internal and external connections and relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to business leaders.
• Work Ethic - Self-motivator; proactively tackles issues and keeps work moving.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Cloud Security in Azure and AWS.
• AWS Solution Architect Certification
• Information Security certifications such as CISSP
• NICE Cybersecurity Workforce - Security Architect (SP-ARC-002)
• TOGAF – The Open Group Architecture Framework
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
• This position can be remote or based in our ProQuest headquarters office located in Ann Arbor, MI.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest/PQ seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a passionate security technologist, please consider joining our talented team!!