What you’ll do:
- Help migrate our existing Java app to Kotlin.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Work on large scalable mobile software for Android.
- Help redesign, design, and implement new student-facing and employee-facing features.
- Work with the team to make key decision about the future of the application and the architecture of the code, as well as what libraries we use.
- Create, prototype, and implement compelling user interfaces for different mobile form factors, with emphasis on simplicity and usability
What you bring:
- Ability to gather requirements, architect, design, and build Android mobile applications in both Java and Kotlin.
- Proven experience building high-quality, professional, consumer-facing mobile applications
- Strong Experience with Java/Kotlin and Android SDK
- Experience optimizing mobile location services in Android
- Experience working on social apps with social media API integrations
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with agile workflow and Git based repositories
- A portfolio of applications or work done that can be demoed
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field OR equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with consuming web services
- Experience or knowledge of Agile work environments
- The ability to work both independently and with a team