This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
Iron Galaxy is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us deploy, configure and maintain multiple game servers. This role will serve on a team that is working to create and launch a brand-new multiplayer game set in a completely original universe. We need a new teammate who is excited by deploying and automating solutions, has experience scripting in Python using Boto3, and is a team player.
- Work with game developers and application engineers to deploy game servers and services into cloud-hosted environments.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain multiple game server fleets and APIs.
- Develop and maintain automated deployment pipelines across environment stages.
- Configure service availability and performance monitoring.
- Author run-books to help maintain environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve service impacts in deployed environments with minimal downtime.
Qualifications: (If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!)
- Experience deploying and automating solutions from development through production
- Monitoring and logging via Cloudwatch, Grafana, New Relic, Splunk
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Scripting in Python using Boto3
- Experience exercising Infrastructure-as-Code methodologies to deploy and provision resources
- Experience with AWS technologies including CloudFormation, Route53, CloudFront, WAF, API Gateway, Lambda, ALB, ECS, EKS, ElastiCache, GameLift, DynamoDB, RDS, S3
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer and/or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Quarantine Disclaimer: As part of our commitment to your safety in response to COVID-19, teammates of Iron Galaxy are working from home until at least July. This work-from-home policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding will be done remotely, and any equipment that you need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.