Positions available on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift. (Please note what shifts you are available to work in your application.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains housekeeping standards at all times.
- Performs sanding, polishing, cleaning, assembly and packing job tasks as assigned.
- Flexible to work on all packing/assembly operations including but not limited to Camshelving, Bus Box, Coldfest, All Structural Web items, and Dishrack.
- Operate necessary assembly equipment with proper training.
- Required to read and follow assembly schedule, write tickets and make labels
- Must have reliable and consistent attendance as well as be punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Properly utilize the appropriate tools of the MOS to gather and report results accurately.
- Supervision of the work process for his/her assigned shift in accordance with MOS.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations. Teaches policies to all shift personnel. Tests, measures and documents understanding of each employee of company policy.
- Guide, develop and coach Area Supervisor personnel within their assigned shift.
- Teach shift and department work process to each employee. Maintain the correct S.O.P.'s for the work process
- Maintain open and clear lines of communication between shifts to ensure effective transfer of information.
- Confers with other Shift Managers to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Establishes, adjusts, and document work procedures to meet production schedules. Identify and develop action plans to remove obstacles that prevent the productive completion of the work process
- Leads and participates in team projects as directed by mandate to improve production output, equipment performance, and quality of product (wasted material, labor and process time).
- Demonstrated leadership style must be ethical, professional and enhancing to process and employees.
- Directly supervises Area Supervisors, indirect and direct personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience - Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization. Ability to communicate effectively, orally. Able to communicate in Spanish.
- Technical ability - Mut possess basic computer skills; AS400/LXE required.
- Other skills - Must be a good team player, self-motivated and open-minded. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, meet and maintain high quality work standards, and adapt quickly to new projects/assignments. Must be able to work any shift as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to work around equipment and machinery, walk on uneven ground,
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)