ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is the fintech of the future, delivering digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating an alternative to the "Sad Money™" system with a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE TEAM
Happy Money is looking for key people to build out our SRE team.
- You will be part of an overall organization composed of various engineers and specialists that focus in infrastructure, operations, development, observability, and security.
- Along with a few other specialist people, the Platform Engineering/SRE is instrumental in the future public API-driven services which define Happy Money's road forward
* This is a 100% remote position (within the U.S.)
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Be a foundational member of our Platform Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practice
- With senior Engineering leadership and in consultation with functional areas (Systems Engineering/Operations, Development, QA, Program Management, Data Engineering, etc), scope, create, deploy, and manage platforms to measure and increase site availability and responsiveness
- Will bring significant experience to bear in assessing and remediating site reliability issues
- Believes in robust automation everywhere (of course)
- Exhibits extreme ownership mentality
- Can anticipate future infrastructure/platform/applications needs at scale, and can offer and implement practical solutions
- Be on-call
- Work Pacific time hours
- Will successfully mentor others in SRE fundamentals
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 10+ years experience as an SRE, full-stack developer, systems engineer, DevOps, or other such contributor
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack developer or SRE
- 5+ years experience with AWS services
- Strong facility with either Java or Python is required; strong ability with both is highly desired
- You are an expert at Bash development
- 5+ years with modern, agile SDLC practices, orchestration tooling, and CI/CD platforms (e.g., Terraform, Cloudformation, CodeDeploy, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Very deep experience with common security monitoring, SIEMs, penetration, and other such platforms (e.g., Splunk, AWS GuardDuty, Qualys, AlienVault, etc)
- Ability to make nuanced threat assessments
- Experience with the NIST family of Information Security-related publications including 800-37, 800-30, and 800-53
- Significant experience with PCI, SOC2, SOX, HIPAA, or other compliance regimes
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Significant experience with financial systems or loan origination systems
- Have strong connections with industry leaders who we could leverage for topical discussions
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we urge you to apply anyway!