Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
We are inviting experienced, DevOps engineers to join our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as an embedded member of an Agile team to provide end-to-end responsibility for applications and microservices.
- Build automation to provision infrastructure as code to cloud platforms.
- Enable secure application infrastructure with secure secret storage, dynamic secrets, and data encryption.
- Enable developers to continuously build and deploy via cluster management and schedulers, and service discovery via a service mesh.
- Mentor team members to modernize their DevOps skills and processes.
- Build and launch scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices.
- Employ Agile software development tools and standard methodologies.
Who You Are:
- Have substantive DevOps experience and a consistent record of automating the provisioning of infrastructure as code.
- You have experience with CI/CD automation, and in particular in a cloud engineering environment.
- Have years of experience with Linux, server automation, and scripting.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You know how the Internet works, understand massaging and async frameworks, and understand modern API frameworks.
- You have experience managing load balancers, cloud native edge routers, and API gateways.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and mentoring people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- Someone with experience with the HashiCorp stack.
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.