Documo builds document software solutions that help businesses streamline document processes. We make working with documents easy, more secure, and friendly towards our planet. We want to help drive mass adoption of paperless document technologies. We believe the way to do this is to build amazing products that solve and improve every aspect of document workflow. We couple that with our passion for customer success and our meticulous attention to design and user experience. We build solutions that are secure, easy to use, and improve business efficiency.
Documo builds document software solutions that help businesses streamline document processes. We make working with documents easy, more secure, and friendly towards our planet. We’re looking for a Backend/DevOps Engineer to deliver new features to customers at a rapid pace and to maintain and grow our cloud infrastructure. You'll contribute to and review user stories, requirements, and design documents and ship great code.
- Collaborate with the teams to deliver great digital projects, on time and on specifications
- Daily communication of technical matters among internal team as well as external partners and client contacts.
- Ownership of devops strategy and infrastructure. Make recommendations and implement improvements based on current usage and future demand
- Development of backend features with an emphasis on quality, performance and maintainability
- Management of upgrades to development tools and platforms, such as Postgres and Kubernetes
- Maintenance of data engineering pipeline
- Focus on development team process improvements
- 5+ years’ experience in high performing teams; demonstrated experience with engineering best practices and exposure to the concepts of lean startup development
- Exposure to security concepts, best practices and policies for cloud-based deployments
- Expert in Kubernetes
- Understanding of database design and implementation
- Familiarity with our tech stack (or related technologies):
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deploy (CI/CD)
- Gitlab CI
- Frontend: Angular, CSS/SCSS
- Backend: NodeJs, mySQL, restAPI
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes
Must possess proficiency in the above stack or at least most of it. Please be ready to share code examples and prior work.
Plus to have
- Familiarity working with documents in a browser environment (manipulation of PDFs, .doc formats etc)
- Project management experience
The ideal candidate is a DevOps Engineer expert who’s seeking his/her next challenge. Advanced interpersonal skills are a must as we work in a collaborative team environment. We would expect you to have a real passion and knowledge of web and mobile technologies, an eye for superb user experience and an entrepreneurial attitude to excite your colleagues and our clients with your ideas.
*Note: As a fully distributed company, we are open to hiring anywhere, however, the work hours for this position are during USA business hours
What you'll get
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k with match) *must reside in USA to receive benefits
- Work with a small distributed team that love what they do
- The ability to work from wherever makes you happy
- Work for a fast-growing technology company with a supportive, inclusive, and fun culture
We encourage you to apply
At Documo, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Documo is an equal opportunity employer.