We’re seeking a creative Senior Software Engineer, Backend & Cloud Computing who enjoys implementing large-scale systems to join our Engineering Team. In this role you will collaborate with our world-class team focusing on product development, machine learning and pathology to distribute and execute a variety of computationally expensive algorithms in the cloud at a large scale while optimizing for speed and cost. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
- Architect, develop and maintain a scalable, reliable and high-performance platform to execute algorithms in the cloud
- Efficiently schedule and distribute various heterogenous jobs and AI algorithms within a distributed ecosystem, while optimizing for speed and cost
- Design a system that can handle very large images as input data while optimizing storage space
- Maintain and enhance current products and services to best serve our customers
- Implement and test new features while applying software development best practices
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team
- Extensive experience architecting scalable systems for distributed computing in the cloud
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with message queuing systems (e.g. SQS, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- Experience with Event Driven Design
- Experience with data pipelines and executing workflows
- Experience with Python, or equivalent
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Unix operating systems
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (e.g. unit testing, regression testing).
Nice to have
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer developing distributed computing architectures.
- You are authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship in the future.