We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we’re spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for fellow ML professionals who would be excited to use cutting-edge AI to help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
You will fit right in if you:
- take joy in seeing your work in production and making an impact,
- understand the art of deep learning and how to manipulate the data and the model to improve performance,
- understand the limitations of deep learning and are comfortable implementing more traditional algorithms,
- enjoy researching new approaches and technologies,
- are naturally creative in your problem solving and bring multiple ideas to the table,
- strive to really understand the larger goals and question the proposed approach or performance metrics,
- are interested in not only building products, but in the mechanics of highly functioning teams,
- promote a collaborative, transparent, and productive work environment,
- speak up when you see a problem,
- go out of your way to help a colleague, and
- believe the only dumb question is the one not asked.
A bit about us:
- We are a small, fully remote ML team within a larger company. Think startup, but with resources!
- Applications include the use of 3D data, mobile pictures/videos, and alternative imaging devices.
- We have a mountain of data, the ability to collect additional data quickly, and ability to label huge amounts of data quickly.
- 5-10 years industry experience.
- PhD/MS is preferred or Bachelor’s with significant industry experience.
- Proficient in Python.
- Proficient with one or more modern ML frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow, MXNet).
- Industry experience building deep learning based computer vision algorithms in commercial products.