This is a unique opportunity to join our highly autonomous, self-organizing, cross-functional AI team to shape the future of high-tech, direct-to-consumer telehealth.
We’re looking for engineers with strong empathy for the end users, an expertise around mobile video capture and/or streaming, and a deep overall understanding of the iOS platform to help us craft world-class user experiences and products that are on the forefront of what’s technologically possible.
As a key member of our small, tightly-knit team, you will have lots of ownership and impact on the mobile products and concepts we’re building from the very beginning, and use the latest iOS technologies to help us tackle tough design, product, and technological problems.
Although ultimately we’re working towards end-user products, this position would entail extensive experimentation and prototyping aimed at system experiences of the future, and you will be working very closely with a few other software engineers, designers, and ML scientists on our team to iterate quickly and ship early and often.
As a team, we value empathy, curiosity, candor, helping each other, building on top of each others’ work, and psychological safety that allows us to bring our best, whole selves to work.
We're looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers who love their craft, question the status quo, go out of their way to help a colleague, speak up when they see a problem, and believe the only dumb question is the one not asked. Bonus points are if you’re interested not only in building cool products but also in the mechanics of highly functioning teams.
It will really make us smile if you have...
- Strong grasp of software design and engineering principles
- 4+ years of industry experience writing high-quality iOS code
- An eye for design, experience iteratively refining UI and product decisions based on user feedback
- Experience implementing non-trivial, dynamic user interfaces from scratch
- Experience shipping features and apps that can scale to support hundreds of thousands of users
- Solid Swift expertise, ability to comprehend non-trivial Objective-C code
- Experience with Combine, SwiftUI and other modern iOS technologies
- Experience with video capture and/or streaming
- Strong knowledge of multi-threading and memory management
... and we’ll give you extra points for...
- Experience with AR
- Experience in Python/Node.js
- Backend/full-stack experience
If you don’t feel like you satisfy all of the above, but are excited about this opportunity, we highly encourage you to apply!