Percona is looking for a Frontend Web Developer to join its Open Source Software Development team. Together with a dedicated and distributed team of engineers, you will be contributing to further enhancing and extending “Percona Monitoring and Management” (PMM) product. This position is mostly web frontend programming but understanding some Go will help you in a better understanding of the backend of our product. As an open source company, we are trying to use the power of existing open source projects and also make our contribution to some popular repositories. The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding!
What You Will Do
- We are looking for a user experience focused developer to help present complex infrastructure management capabilities to our users in an easy to understand but feature-rich manner.
- You will build interfaces that are capable of managing single nodes all the way to thousands of systems so being able to think both large and small scale will be critical.
- Our PMM product has both a monitoring and management component, not to mention a “lite” cloud-based component to it so you’ll need to work across team boundaries to ensure that our software works together to make the users lives easier.
- Programming fundamentals
- Testing fundamentals, or desire and ability to learn and master
- HTML, CSS, and LESS/SASS, Bootstrap
- Various charting libs (d3, Highcharts, Rickshaw, etc.)
- Good with Math and Statistics
- Agile practice (deliver working code regularly)
- UI/UX theory and practice
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Git and GitHub
- Docker experience
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Having Go experience will be a huge plus
- Experience building distributed web apps
- Database experience in any of MongoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Apache and nginx