If you’re ambitious, love food, technology and want to be part of a growing company filled with opportunities, keep reading.
Since 2014, we've created the global brands Marley Spoon (Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon in the US) and Dinnerly to deliver meal kits with unique, easy-to-cook recipes and top-quality, pre-portioned ingredients. And bezzie, our dog food brand, caters to our four-legged friends too.
From day one, you’ll have the autonomy to use your initiative to bring your ideas to life, inspire your team members, and keep learning. Because we know that when you grow, we grow. You’ll own your role and have a lot on your plate, but you’ll be part of a stellar team that will support you along the way. And at the start of every day, you’ll feel proud and motivated to work for a better, more sustainable way to shop, cook, and eat.
So, ready to cook up an application?
We’ve grown a lot lately and we are now looking for an Engineering Manager to lead two teams (3 engineers per team) to help us build a Marketing promotion engine and an Incident management platform for the Customer Communications department.
- Manage two teams (performance, coaching, growth, hiring, retention)
- Help your teams become truly self-organised, focusing on constant improvement
- Keep up with the latest trends and have a technology strategy in place, maintained and executed properly (e.g. for better development efficiency)
- Ensure high quality (e.g. code, application performance, maintainability...)
- Support the team in taking the right technical and architectural decisions by sharing your knowledge and asking the right questions
- Contribute to the overall digital product/technology vision and strategy
- You are an empathetic leader with high emotional intelligence and experience leading teams without micromanagement.
- You have experience in taking technical and architectural decisions and strive to build the best solution rather than the fanciest one.
- You like to build applications in an iterative way.
- Since you will be working with several stakeholders in the business, you need to have experience with or talent when it comes to stakeholder management.
- You know and understand the trends in your technology domain. But it’s even more important to distinguish hypes from applicable technologies, know exactly what are the pros and cons, and how these technologies can provide value for a company.
- Autonomy, Impact, Collaboration, Learning & Growth
- Being part of a profitable company in full-blown scale-up phase - offering immense opportunities for personal & career growth
- Flexible working hours, a hybrid work environment and/ or full remote
- Spend 5% of your working time on personal learning and development
- Conference / Training budget
- Free food boxes delivered to your doorstep
- Cooked food from our test kitchen & free drinks
- Gym & language course discounts
- Friday drinks and many after work events (mainly online for now)
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities
- Possibility to trade part of your salary for double the amount of stock options
- Corporate pension (company offers 20% on top)
- Visa support & relocation package