Requisition ID: 283663
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP Concur has embarked on a journey to re-imagine how business travelers book travel. In an industry that’s becoming increasingly more complex with suppliers launching new differentiated product bundles and rich merchandising offers, we have an opportunity to completely re-think the end-to-end shop and book experience. We are building our next generation Online Booking Tool from the ground up and in new technologies in order to guide the business traveler to make informed decisions while helping companies meet their objectives around policy compliance and budget control. This is a very big and bold investment, and you’ll join a fast moving and entrepreneurial team within SAP Concur building our future Online Booking Tool.
We’re looking for a Senior Android Developer to join us on this exciting journey. As part of a new Concur Travel team, you'll help build the next-generation travel-booking experience across our mobile and web apps, ensuring that Concur’s travel tools meet a high standard of usability and design excellence that supports elegant and simple user experiences. You will get your hands dirty the whole way, working with cross vertical teams using a Mobile & Cloud-first approach, along with Design Thinking to ensure Concur’s Reimagined Business Travel experience is the best in the business.
We're looking for someone as customer-focused and passionate as we are — about travel, about designing great software, and about having a good time doing it.
Value You Deliver:
Lead the design, development & delivery of new features as part of agile team
- Develop new features across the Android stack using Kotlin, RxJava, Material Design, Unit testing frameworks.
- Improve code base through continuous refactoring.
- Mentor junior developers and lead scrum teams by setting positive examples.
- Own cloud services end to end, implementing distributed systems using AWS services and best practices such as zero-downtime production deployments, canaries, frequent deployments, and feature-flag-driven development.
- Execute with an enterprise cloud mindset to deliver on security, compliance, and infrastructure initiatives with engineering program management (FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more)
Experience or education in a technology related field comparable to a Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 to 10 years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Android development with deep understanding of Android SDK
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with technical product managers, architects and technical leads
- DevOps mentality with an understanding of Continuous Delivery and Observability
- Experience in Travel Technologies a plus
This position is based in Allen/Plano, TX post Covid.
SAP Concur is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel, expense and invoice management solutions. We imagine the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications, and people, Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.