Sr Front End Engineer (Remote - US or Canada)
Be part of a fast-moving development team working on the continued development of the Lone Wolf family of Applications. Deliver reliable, scalable new features to the Lone Wolf Brokerage Platform by developing a responsive UI built with React hooks and our custom design components, utilizing a backend of cloud microservices in .NET Core and NoSQL. Accelerate training and “skill up” for the team, ensuring that everyone is growing and learning to increase efficiency.
THIS MAY BE YOUR DREAM JOB IF…
- You take pride in your reputation for designing simple, elegant solutions to address various needs.
- You have high standards for code quality, and demand them of others
- You are a React guru and are a hooks purist who prides themselves on responsive web development
- You consider yourself to be a fast learner; you are driven to improve your knowledge of software architecture and to keep up with new methods or best practices.
- You don’t miss deadlines, because you set achievable deadlines, or work like mad to meet ones that aren’t
- You love writing code, you constantly seek to improve your coding skills and help others do the same
- You demand high-quality, rapid output through the use of Agile software development best practices and want to work alongside like-minded teammates.
- You are self-motivated and want to work in a small team, yet you are comfortable partnering with other departments, stakeholders, and customers on software development, improvements, internal tools, and implementation issues.
AS SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL BE ASKED TO:
- Be an expert at using React, specifically with hooks. Drive the team in every aspect of UI development and write fully tested frontend code.
- Collaborate with a team of full stack developers to design, develop, unit test, and support new features.
- Identify technical requirements and lead peer reviews of solution design and related code.
- Proactively learn product frameworks and code base; continually improve upon existing applications and learn new technologies.
- Participate in performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation; support, maintain, and help document software functionality.
- Orchestrate deployments and testing across multiple tiered environments
- Maintain coding, compliance, and security standards.
- Mentor, tutor and train Jr developers, ensuring that everyone is not only always learning but learning yourself
Skills & Requirements
- 5-8 years of frontend development experience (2+ years with React)
- 3+ years of .Net or Java development experience (any backend experience is a big plus)
- 3+ years of experience with SQL/NoSQL (any flavor, preferably one of the less obscure ones)
- Expertise with some or all of the following: React (Typescript), web development, C#, .NET Core, Service-Repository pattern, OOP design patterns, Spring framework
- Experience writing code with Version Control / Distributed Source Control Products (Git)
- Experience with deploying applications on AWS/GCP/Azure and leveraging all of the various cloud offerings to make the fastest easiest deployments
- Understanding of basic principles of Web Application Security (OWASP, OAUTH)
Nice to have
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Background/experience with creating and debugging data intensive web applications, and best practices for doing so.