Contra is a professional network for the independent digital workforce. Digital professionals use Contra to create stunning visual profiles, earn money commission-free, and build high-quality professional communities and referral networks. Contra was started by a group of independents who were tired of existing professional networks that are blind to the needs of digital professionals. We’re creating a new way to work for the independent digital workforce.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to help us ensure the high quality of our professional network (https://contra.com). You will be the first dedicated QA hire. Your role will be to establish the best practices for the company, implement it, and (over time) build the QA team.
To help you succeed, we have documented our current QA processes and how we see QA helping the organization.
You'll be successful here if you:
- You have experience defining QA processes.
- You have experience troubleshooting issues along with the engineering team.
- You know how to write and debug integration tests.
- Are well-organised and capable of leading the QA process for the team.
How you'll add value at Contra:
- Establish the QA processes.
- Ensure quality in the delivered features across all supported platforms (functional testing, integration testing, testing API & client).
- Validate and document bug reports.
- Test usability of the new features and suggest UI / UX improvements.
How Contra can add value for you:
- Remote-first culture
- Healthcare for employees
- Well-funded company built to scale
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- Flexibility to choose employee or contractor status
- No Meeting Wednesdays
- Half day every third Friday of the month (throughout Covid)
- A custom Slack emoji, just for you ?
- Node.js, GraphQL, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Gitlab, CI/CD, ArgoCD, Kubernete
Our interview process
- Complete a self-assessment form (10-15 minutes)
- Non-technical (introduction & culture) interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical interview with our CTO (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Founders (30 minutes)