The world is being shaped by technology and Imagination Technologies is at the very core. Working at Imagination Technologies means you’re a part of constant innovation. We design the key building blocks for market-leading chips that make your tech mobile, smart and connected. Now we’re taking things to a new level. Our Software Engineer (Android Graphics Drivers) will develop Android specific parts of the driver that will help deliver our mission to design a smarter future.
We are looking for a very technically capable software developer to join the Android driver development team. You will focus on developing the Android user and kernel-mode graphics drivers. You will be a member of a small team, working alongside other software teams implementing the full driver stack for PowerVR graphics hardware.
As part of the Android team you'll be focusing on developing Android specific portions of our driver such as the display controllers, kernel interfaces and hardware-specific parts of the OS. This role will bring you into contact with current and future generations of GPU hardware, mostly targeted at mobile and embedded devices. We work with a wide range of platforms from development boards and prototypes to customers’ production systems.
- Design and develop Android graphics drivers to drive our current and next generation graphics cores
- Maintain the drivers throughout the whole software and hardware life-cycles
- Analyse and optimise the performance of the driver code
- Work closely within the team and liaise internally and externally with other research and development teams
- Keep abreast of Android releases
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Excellent C programming skills
- Experience with setting up and building an Android environment
- Experience in low-level driver development for Android or Linux
You might also have
- Some experience with modern graphics APIs (Vulkan, OpenGL ES etc.)
- A good understanding of computer architecture issues (virtual memory, MMUs, caches, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Android graphics stack
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smart TVs to drones. It’s our creative culture that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join our mission to design a smarter future?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
At Imagination we bring talented individuals together from all walks of life to collaborate effectively and solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know