We are looking for a Senior Web/PHP Developer who has had experience with CMS. Drupal experience is preferred, but Laravel, Wordpress or equivalent are welcome. Your responsibilities will include configuring the backend of sites in Drupal, debugging issues on existing client sites, and building out new features for websites built with Drupal. You will be using PHP to customize templates and build out custom modules and 3rd party integrations. You will work with front-end web developers to match build out to client requirements and designs. You will be working alongside experienced Drupal developers and will be expected to grow and help raise up other developers to senior Drupal Developers.
- Utilize ticket management system to work on assigned tickets.
- Communicate with dev and project management team on status of tickets
- Help break out tickets to meet the requirements of clients
- Setup new Drupal websites with appropriate modules, content types and views
- Setup user roles and permissions
- Research issues and patch modules as necessary
- Debug issues on client sites using tools like xdebug
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Create custom modules
- Customize twig template files
- Setup Drupal rest endpoints
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong understanding of working with a CMS
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of PHP and Object Oriented Programming
- Familiarity with custom Drupal modules
- Familiarity with terminal commands ie bash, zsh
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as npm, Webpack, Gulp.js
- Minimum of 2 years web development experience (professionally or open source / volunteer)
- Growth mindset - able to learn quickly on the job and not afraid to try new things fast
Must embody Code Koalas’ core values:
- Be Open: We are transparent. We don’t horde information for ourselves, we advocate for open source, teaching and sharing what we learn and create to help others grow.
- Be Humble: We treat everyone as equals. We never use our expertise to diminish, only to serve.
- Be Discoverers: We aren’t content with where we are or how things have always been done. We search out a better way for ourselves, our company, and our clients.
- Daring Ownership: We take risks. We embrace our failures and wins. We look beyond ourselves to how our actions affect everyone around us.
- Think Long Term: We challenge small minded thinking. We don’t take the easy way out or create throw-away work. Everything we do is with an eye to the future.
A love for coffee, board games, nerf darts, and fun is required. Tea is acceptable.
Does this sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to meet you!