We are looking for an software engineer to help us improve and enhance project Harvester and Longhorn.
Harvester is an open-source hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) software. It's powered by cutting-edge cloud-native technologies like Kubernetes, KubeVirt, and Longhorn. It's an open-source alternative to vSphere and Nutanix.
Longhorn is an open-source cloud-native storage software for Kubernetes. It's a highly recognized CNCF project. It provides persistent storage support to Kubernetes, enables the user to run stateful applications inside Kubernetes in development and production environments.
Specifically, we are looking for someone that is passionate and loves working with system-level software and open-source projects to further enhance and elevate these technologies within Harvester, Longhorn, and Rancher. Come join our team to help deliver cutting-edge open source technologies and be part of the container revolution!
What you will be doing:
- Develop features, enhancements, and bug fixes for Harvester and Longhorn (written in Go and C)
- Participate in Harvester, Longhorn, Rancher, Kubernetes open source community via Slack, Forums, and GitHub
- Be able to evangelize Harvester, Longhorn, Rancher, Kubernetes via blogs, meetups, and conference talks.
- Resolve issues uncovered in production deployments of Harvester, Longhorn, and Rancher
- Work with your fellow engineers and our customers to create a world-class product
- Write high-quality code along with accompanying tests to minimize regressions
- Working in an agile development environment
What you bring to us:
- Confortable in working in any moden Linux environments
- Knowledge of Linux system
- Fluency in languages like C/C++, Go, Bash, Python, and/or Java
- Experience in building maintainable and well-tested code
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Passionate about learning and researching new technologies
- Any suitable combination of four years of education, training, and experience in this technical field.
- Preferably have development experience with hypervisors / Linux kernel / SPDK / DPDK development
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.