As a distributed systems engineer at Radix, you get to do all the fun stuff. No turning reams of procedural business logic into code for you! Your days will be filled with interesting synchronization problems that usually have no perfect solution, and you’re in charge of figuring out a reasonable approach that makes the right trade-offs before going to code. You will meddle with dark powers best left untouched, learn more about decentralized systems than you dreamed was possible, and work with an inspiring team of incredible people. You will make your mother proud, even if you’re never quite able to properly explain to her what it is you built.
You will first come up to speed by aiding in the delivery of a distributed public ledger which functions according to well-known, documented concepts. Building upon this knowledge, you will venture into new territory, solving the challenges of bringing Cerberus, our model of sharded consensus, to life. From this point forward you will be making new ground right at the cutting edge of a rapidly evolving branch of computer science.
- You have extensive experience with distributed systems, and are all too familiar with the attendant complications and gremlins that emerge once not-perfectly-reliable things start talking to each other over a not-perfectly-reliable network.
- You are a prolific, confident coder, and are persistent in working problems to resolution.
- You possess strong attention to detail, and are rarely surprised by unconsidered edge cases.
- You’ve used generic types so much that the angle bracket keys on your keyboard are beginning to wear away.
- You are unafraid of working in a space where there is little prior art to refer to.
- You have done and like to do demonstrably hard things.
- You enjoy talking through tough problems with smart people, and are happy to accept ideas and approaches that you didn’t personally come up with.
We're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fueled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to $22 billion in less than a year. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn’t even a rounding error on the over $111 trillion held in traditional finance. We’re focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
Radix went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We’re keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we’re also blazing new ground in the areas of user experiences, developer tools, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like, together with the business case that assures adoption, and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now. Join us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years working as a professional software developer.
- Fluent in Java or C# (Java is what you’ll be using here).
- Completely comfortable with asynchronous programming models.
- Noddingly familiar with the practical aspects of asymmetric cryptography and zero-knowledge proofs. Understanding the underlying theoretical foundations will really help you stand out.
- Experience with blockchain/DLT development is not required, but is a big plus.