Marley Spoon (ASE:MMM) is bringing delightful, market fresh and easy cooking back to the people, while re-inventing the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste. We are connecting consumers with quality producers, providing fresh ingredients directly to customer's homes and we are present in Europe, the US and Australia, shipping about 100 000 food boxes every week.
Our remote first, Digital Logistics team that is composed of 4 engineers (growing to 6) develops and maintains internal tools that are primarily used by our logistics managers to decide where, when and how we deliver. At the moment, the tool covers the normal use cases but it needs to become smarter, integrate more data from the shippers and handle incidents - so that we can always delight our customers.
Your role is instrumental in building the right tools to manage our logistics networks and enable Marley Spoon to continue the current massive growth.
We’re primarily looking to hire people with excellent soft skills and will consider candidates with a wide range of experience.
- Ruby (on Rails)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Write testable and readable code that runs fast and reliably
- Shape the future of our Digital logistics architecture and tooling within a small team of engineers
- Work closely with the other teams and your teammates to arrive at the best possible feature implementation
- Be a customer yourself, so you're a direct user of what you're building. You'll receive the product for free :)
- You have professional experience developing dockerized Ruby applications
- A drive to learn and improve yourself and others around you
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and collaborative mindset
- Not afraid tackling projects you have not worked with before
- Experience with React
- Professional experience in Ruby
- Worked on a microservice architecture
- AWS experience
- Working with logging, monitoring and alerts
- Check this link out for more flavour
- Autonomy & Impact
- Flexible working hours, home office and a remote work friendly environment
- Spend 5% of your working time on personal learning and development
- Conference and Training budget
- Corporate pension scheme
- Possibility to trade part of your salary for double the amount of stock options
- Our beautiful and cozy office is located in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg close to some of the best restaurants
- Free food boxes delivered to your doorstep
- Cooked food from our test kitchen
- Gym membership & language courses
- Friday drinks and many after work events
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities