If you join us, what will you do?
The Senior Data Engineer will help Jeeng grow its business by assuring the platform is able to process the data needed for real-time advertising. To accomplish this they will ensure advertising event data is available in near real-time for analytics and machine learning. They will ensure platform-wide data consistency and cross-team data coordination for the execution of real-time bidding.
- Design, build and maintain a data infrastructure to provide data to data science and machine learning
- Design, build and maintain a data warehouse to act as a common source for analytics
- Ensure that the data infrastructure for advertising event data is reliable and functions without event loss
- Improve the consistency, reliability, and speed of data flowing throughout the engineering components
- Provide ongoing proactive communication and visibility to the team on data concerns
In order to be great at your job,
A fast learner; have great analytical skills; relentless and persistent in accomplishing goals; enthusiastic with an infectious personality.
Efficiently; with flexibility; proactively; with attention to detail; high standards.
Emphasize honesty and integrity; require teamwork; have open communication; follow-through on commitments; stay calm under pressure.
- Five or more years of experience with Python or Scala
- Three or more years of experience developing and operating data engineering solutions in the cloud (preferably with AWS)
- Three or more years working with distributed big data systems (e.g. Hadoop, Redshift)
- Professional experience building data science systems with experience building out data pipelines and ETL processes for machine learning
This is extra, but if you have it, it will make us happy
- Experience working remotely
- Knowledge in the digital and AdTech landscape