Hubbers are doers, makers and hackers. At Hubs, we empower engineers to create revolutionary products. Manufacturing is notoriously challenging for companies big and small. We’re changing that by making reliable manufacturing methods instantly available to engineers all over the world through our online platform. If you're looking for a tech scale-up there are a few to choose from, but none can boast the same growth trajectory as Hubs. Over the past 8 years, we've built the world's largest 3D printing network and pivoted to become the world's easiest-to-use custom manufacturer. We help the companies you know and love to build a better future, from humble startups to big names like Audi, HP, and NASA. Some parts we've produced are floating in space right now. If you are curious, motivated, and passionate about technology; we would like to hear from you. Our Data Tech Stack: RDS (PostgreSQL), Redshift, Airflow, Segment.io, Mixpanel, Looker Analytics, Machine Learning (Tensorflow), Python(Flask/SQL Alchemy), Docker, AWS: SQS, EC2, S3 etc.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build & maintain AWS Data structures (with clean, scalable code)
- Extend and develop custom data integrations from and to multiple sources
- Work with R&D and analytics on Machine Learning projects
- Improve decision making at Hubs based on your data
- Collaborate with product teams to build data driven applications
What it takes:
- A Tech Degree; preferably Computer Science or Maths or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in SQL & and functional programming [Python, Ruby, Scala, etc.]
- A DevOps mindset with AWS
- Experienced in managing/developing ETL workflows
- Basic understanding of AWS data processing tools and Redshift
- Experience with business intelligence tools, and data governance
- Basic understanding of workflow orchestration tools
- Experience with core data engineering technologies like Docker, DBT, and Airflow
- We offer a competitive salary plus a bonus incentive and Protolabs stock options
- Everyone has the opportunity to make an impact from day one, in a high-paced culture to accelerate our growth as we scale!
- Hybrid 2-3 days in the office with "work from anywhere" policy 3 months per every single year!
- You'll join a diverse, international team of 150+ people from (30+ nationalities) growing to 200+ in the next 12 months
- Everyone's a student and teacher with our Career Development Plan, LinkedIn learning platform, Tech Talks, Hackathons, Tech and Product demos, and Innovation Sprints
- Get access to use our global manufacturing network for your own projects
- Free access to Headspace meditation app and Mental-Health Support with OpenUp
- Stay fit and sign up to ClassPass and join colleagues who run, climb, cross fit
- In-house Italian chef (50% vegetarian) and Doggo friendly office
- Incredible office views in the Houthavens, Amsterdam
- Learn more about us on our Life at Hubs Instagram and Jobs Page
Our recruitment process:
- Our recruiter will have a quick chat to talk about the role and to learn more about you
- Then we'll schedule a chat with one of our engineers from our engineering team to talk tech
- After that, we'll have the technical assessments: one to gauge your system design skills, and one to cover your coding skills. The system design assessment will be a collaboration with one of our engineers to build, at a high level, a working web system. The coding assessment involves a take home assignment and live code review.
- Finally, you'll have a short talk with one of our culture ambassadors and our director of engineering.