Do you enjoy writing code, solving problems, and working on a high-functioning team? Do you want to level up your technical skills over the entire technical stack? Can you effectively work from home?
Heuristic Solutions is seeking a Technical Specialist / Developer to join the LearningBuilder product development team. This is a dynamic position with opportunities to wear many different hats and explore many different technologies. You will be a key contributor as we build and support a web-based SaaS application written in ASPNET MVC and Vue.js and hosted in Amazon Web Services using Infrastructure as Code.
In this position you will assist the LearningBuilder product team to improve “flow.” On any given day you may:
- Pair with other developers to implement features or fix defects
- Assist QA to resolve blockers or to write automated integration / UI tests
- Triage or investigate defects
- Write SQL scripts to manipulate, import, or export data
- Resolve technical debt, either by pairing with a senior developer or by working independently
- Build tools and utilities to automate routine tasks
- Contribute to the DevOps pipeline by automating deployment or monitoring tasks
Key indicators of success in this role are an ability to quickly context switch, a desire to be a team player, strong written communication skills, and an awareness of when to ask for help and when to figure things out on your own. The best candidate will be a lifelong learner who has “strong opinions, weakly held”. We are happy to teach what we know and build your skills, but you need to want to learn. Prior experience working remotely is a definite advantage.
As part of our Columbus-based product team you will spend most days working from home, but liberal usage of email, IM, and Teams mean that you'll be in constant contact with the team. We believe that "face time" is important and we hope to resume bi-weekly full-day co-working sessions once COVID is under control.
- Pairs with the QA team to address validation findings and to write automated tests (nUnit, Jest, Selenium)
- Researches issues and provides well-written summaries of results
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to perform advanced configuration tasks within LearningBuilder and its supporting environments