Do you want to solve difficult, complex problems? Join Amazon's Beauty tech team and help us create a new innovative experiences for millions of customers shopping Beauty products. At Amazon we put our customer’s first in everything we do and simplifying and customizing the shopping journey is our focus.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer who will be responsible for designing and developing engaging and innovative shopping experiences for beauty and grooming products on Amazon. You will work directly with the product management, designer and the broader Amazon tech community to build software solutions to enhance the beauty shopping experience across all surfaces, including desktop, mobile devices, and other Amazon innovative devices.
We are a strategic and well-funded area of growth for Amazon where you’ll be involved in all aspects of product development from brainstorming the next innovation to working collaboratively with user research, engineering, product management to bring it to life.
About the team
The Amazon Beauty tech team owns the end-to-end beauty shopping experience for customers globally. This includes custom Detail Page features, Virtual Try on (VTO) experiences across Mass, Premium and Professional products, and a Professional Business Finder tool.
What we are working on
Our goal is to make Amazon the one-stop shop for all beauty products. To achieve this the Beauty tech team has a three-tiered focus:
- Creation of beauty advisor experiences that enable customers to get personalized product recommendations
- Enabling Premium and Professional beauty shopping experiences globally.
- Continuing growth of Virtual Try On (VTO) through global expansion, category expansion and improvements to the user experience.
In order to achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technology challenges. Where technology does not exist, we will build it. Where it exists we will need to tune/modify/improve it to make it well working at Amazon scale and fitting the Beauty experience.
We are designing our technical architecture with the objective of increasing feature velocity, scalability and improving CX consistency, but enabling customization where needed. This includes:
- Amazon scale systems. All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving hundreds of millions of customers with millisecond level latency.
- Personalization and machine learning.
- Facial recognition and augmented reality (AR). We are bringing exciting experiences direct to the customer mobile phone using their cameras and combinations of facial recognition and AR.
- 3+ years industry experience developing complex technology projects.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Python
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Demonstrated ability to own, design, lead and implement technical solutions for complex problems.
- Experience developing for web and mobile based products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create/explain/defend technical designs
- Passion for technical innovation and learning new systems/technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Knowledge of facial recognition algorithms and/or Augmented Reality (AR) development
- Experience in big data processing, text mining, and machine learning (ML) domains.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.