Rain Bird is the global leader in irrigation systems. We develop the most advanced and smart systems for farmers, residential users, and golf courses worldwide. Come be a part of our innovative team based on-site in Tucson, AZ and help us reduce water-waste around the globe, powered by our innovative irrigation software, created by engineers like yourself. Help us make a change!
We offer full-time job opportunities, a comprehensive compensation package (including medical, vision, and dental, 401K), bonus opportunity, PTO, relocation allowance (if needed), and endless possibilities to innovate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for all aspects of firmware design and development for new innovative products and features using embedded microprocessors
- Will interact with engineering, marketing, management and project leads to assure that product development priorities are completed to schedule and budget, while ensuring quality and product performance requirements are met
- Product development activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, excellent documentation, incorporation of lessons learned from existing products, product verification, coordination with quality assurance, and field validation
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- Responsible for writing high-quality, well-documented, and robust code
- Participates in sustaining activities for existing products including diagnosis and resolution of defects
- BS in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Science Engineering, related technical degree or equivalent extensive experience
- 5+ years of experience with embedded C, C++ programming using embedded processors/SoC (ARM, ST, Espressif, …) with working knowledge of low level drivers/interfaces (GPIO, UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, PWM)
- Experience with developing “bring-up” code for new circuit boards or developing embedded IoT devices
- Substantial experience developing and integrating radio stacks in embedded products (IoT/smart devices). Examples include Bluetooth Low Energy, LoRa, LoRaWAN, WiFi
- Demonstrable understanding of the basics of common Internet, IoT and M2M protocols and methods such TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS, NAT, MQTT, CoAP, or AWS IoT
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written) and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C/C++ compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience with multi-tasking or multi-threading with and without RTOS implementations
- Evidence of strong firmware architecture design thinking and ability to clearly document designs
- Exposure to full product life cycle from concept to production release
- Track record of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions for engineering and customer problems
- Demonstrated vision and ability to create, design, document and communicate architectures and interoperable systems across device and team boundaries.
- Knowledge of assembly language (to analyze compiler output and ISR critical timing)
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as CPPUNIT
- Experience using UML modelling techniques and tools
- Experience integrating embedded products with IoT infrastructure (AWS, proprietary or other)
- Direct experience designing and implementing digital and analog circuitry
- Experience developing secure consumer products with radio modules and getting them into mass production
- Experience in the irrigation industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate engineering projects, get buy-in for solutions and efficiently track progress to completion
- Experience with successful project and team leadership from a technical perspective
The position is based out of our Tucson location, however remote work might be possible for candidates located in some US states and subject to specific requirements. Please talk to the recruiter or hiring manager for further details.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer