Classification: Cost Accountant
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for a Cost Accountant on Vancouver Island, BC! If you are an experienced Costing professional looking to live in a beautiful part of BC’s West Coast while working for an exceptional & global organization, this could be an excellent position for you!
You will be part of a large accounting team and will specialize in areas including but not limited to costing, inventory management, financial reporting, financial analysis, and system implementation. This position will play a key role in managing the costing process of the organization, identifying areas of opportunity, resolving any issues / errors, and fostering positive & long-term working relationships with the operations staff.
Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
1) Manage the costing process for an entity within the group of companies
2) Assist with the budgeting & forecasting process
3) Complete the month-end closing tasks
4) Inventory management and reconciliations
5) Provide timely financial reporting to the finance & operations teams
6) Complete the financial analysis process and make suggestions for improvement
7) Assist with the inventory count process
8) Liaise with the financial auditors and provide required documentation
9) Create financial models and provide project based reports
10) Perform adhoc financial reporting functionsJob Requirements
What you will bring to the position:
1) Strong hands-on experience with costing & inventory management is required
2) 3+ years of experience working in progressive accounting & finance roles
3) Experience working in manufacturing, construction and /or forestry will be considered an asset
4) Advanced Excel Skills are required and experience with ERP system and /or system implementations will be given preference
5) CPA Designation will be considered an asset
If this position sounds like a good fit for your skills and goals, we would love to hear from you! Job Reference Number: 05150-0011761305
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [Phone number shown when applying]. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.