What you tell your friends you do
“I'm like an architect for a car factory. I design, build and maintain this factory and provide the machines and tools that the others use to build the cars. But I also support the factory workers in their work .”
What you will really be doing
- Working with bleeding- edge technologies and concepts such as containerized applications, container orchestration…
- Architect and build AWS / Azure Cloud solutions in the beginning for Digital Intelligence department - later for the whole company
- Supporting of developers and customers in setting up secure cloud environment
- Enable teams with operational excellence and tooling
- Uphold Infrastructure as code as a fundamental value (we use Terraform and AWS CDK)
- Optimization and automation of the infrastructure with Terraform and scripting
- Build automated tests to make sure all components work properly
- Exchange with Architect, Software Engineers and Product Owners
- Working agile with all facets (Kanban, Failure Friendly Culture, Feedback Culture)
- Dealing with “classic” IT topics networking, monitoring, user access control
How will you be doing this
- You’re part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your goals.
- You prioritise your work with the team and its project lead, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- You experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time - with one thing at a time.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way. You don’t ignore the lessons learned
Skills & Requirements
- You’re smart and can find a way to show us.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other related field
- You have (2+) years of experience in DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer or Software developer roles
- You worked (2+) years with one of the major cloud providers, AWS preferred
- You designed the Infrastructure with Infrastructure as Code in Terraform or similar technology
- You have Network Knowledge to extend and maintain our VPC Setup
- You have used continuous integration tools, like; Puppet, Bash, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines.
- You can deal with Pull Requests, Code Reviews, Pair-Programming and you love Clean Code
- You know how to monitor the infrastructure you built with systems like DataDog, Prometheus, Dynatrace, and ELK stack
- You have experience in container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- You speak fluent english
- Room for you to do things your way.
- Lots of things you can learn through our internal Academy
- 30 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- A lot of outdoor activities as mountainbiking, bouldering and all other stuff you can do in the mountains
- We like to inspire your passion giving you the opportunity to visit events.
- And yes, we also have the industry standard perks such as free beer, soccer tables, great lunch, team activities and fun parties.
Your HR contact
Stella (Brießmann) - Human Resources
Do you have further questions? I’ll be happy to answer them by phone: +49 8036 90-1783