As a Senior software engineer on Team Music Distribution, you'll be responsible for creating systems that deliver our music to the world.
You would join a small, but experienced team that together works autonomously in finding the right solutions and system designs.
You’ll architect and build product features from the database all the way to the UI.
You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in engineering, design, and product, to bring concepts to life.
You would also contribute to, and sometimes lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components, platform architecture and improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming, etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences, or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
Who are you?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, data structures, and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions
- Love teamwork and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- Are able to and experienced in going from the idea stage to scalable production deployments
- Experience working closely with business and product stakeholders, and thus a strong understanding of business and user requirements
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Experience of one or more of the following: Python, Django, React & Redux, Elastic Search, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP ecosystem, Kotlin
- Worked with audio streaming and/or music library management