Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who We Want:
Software Enthusiast. People who can come up creative design for complex software program and seek out the tough bugs to fix.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Engineer, Robotics Software, you will participate in planning and conduct software requirement analysis and design. You will write software and software scripts that will interact with and control complex electro-mechanical systems. You will participate in validating the functionality of your programs with surgeons, nurses, and other stakeholders. You will be involved in all facets of the software development life cycle. You should be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to convey highly technical information to internal staff as well as external clients. It is also important that you combine excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• You will conduct and design advanced prototyping and testing.
• You will conduct and design research and studies to support advanced product design.
• You will analyze and correct complex product design issues, using independent judgment.
• You will code development time/resource estimation to support projects.
• You will collaborate with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success.
• You will support and execute segments of complex product development to advance projects through the design /development/launch process.
• You will contribute to product development from concept through release.
• You will deliver high quality results with passion, energy and drive to meet business priorities.
What You Need
• Bachelor's in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
• 2+ years of experience writing C/C++ software in either Linux or embedded devices.?
What We Would Love That You Have (Preferred)
• Knowledge in tools for static/dynamic analysis, memory management and techniques for analyzing software.
• Familiar with Application Lifecycle Management /Traceability tools (e.g. JIRA, Gitlab).
• Familiar with configuring, building and installing embedded Linux systems
• Yocto Project exposure, including build process and system configuration.
• Familiar with Linux kernel/driver development
• Network communications and protocols experience
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.