Progressive Global Energy is recruiting for a Project Manager (PM) or Senior Project Manager to support Nuclear Power Station Projects. The Project Manager has the responsibility and accountability for all aspects of several projects at one time (complex, long term, high visibility, and high dollar). The work schedule is 4/10s meaning you work 10 hour days, 4 day weeks with every weekend being a 3 day weekend! Occasional overtime during refueling outages or project implementation.
This is a full-time, long-term, 1 year contract that will extend after one year (if candidate desires longevity) for new projects particularly in the SLR group(3-5 years of work ahead). We offer full benefits to our contract employees (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, competitive hourly rates with overtime, etc.) Looking for candidates local to Louisa County, Virginia are or willing to live there for the contract role with 7 day per diem per week, and can offer a mobilization allowance.
Upcoming major projects include: security system replacement, reserve station transformers replacements (high visibility and critical path), pipe bursts and polar replacements, replace loose parts monitoring system, elevator modernization (upgrading 4 plant elevators), sewage treatment replacement system.
- Responsible for overall project performance from inception to completion of all phases for the assigned project.
- Responsible to follow all applicable policies and procedures to implement assigned projects.
- Contract negotiations, Vendor interactions
- Site walk downs, specific systems that understands for change or upgrade
- Interactions with responsible engineer to ensure correct products
- Owner's reviews in a timely manner
- Prepare and coordinate project scopes of work, cost, schedules, and budget packages.
- Develop, modify, and provide input to project plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define business objectives, scope, exceptions, and acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate and/or lead project review meetings.
- Monitor, coordinate, and evaluate vendor activities.
- Monitor and coordinate with various groups activities during all project life cycle phases of projects.
- Manage the project in accordance with corporate accounting and project authorization procedures.
- Monitor and report on project performance for project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage changes to projects and assess the impacts of changes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years nuclear experience with 10 years of work experience (nuclear industry, construction management or project management)
- Nuclear plant projects experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management, relevant technologies, and leadership in the assigned project areas.
- Strong team building skills, demonstrated skill and ability in effectively leading teams to achieve project goals and milestones.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff. Ability to represent the project and the company in public forums.
- Experience with managing large, complex projects is desired. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired, or a Bachelor's degree in related field (engineering, construction management, etc.)
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.